SAT Tutors: Post Your Info Here!

January 25, 2008 by
Filed under All Posts, Featured, Find a Tutor, Tutor's Lounge

Use the comment section to post information about your SAT tutoring services. Feel free to include any contact, location, bio or other information clients might want to know about you.

And if you have a website, don’t forget to post a link!

If you are a student or parent looking for an SAT tutor, please contact the tutor you are interested in directly. Remember, it is never wise to post personal information on a public website, and besides, it is unlikely that tutors who advertise here will actually see your post anyway.

Please Note:
This comment thread is reserved for SAT tutors only. All non-tutor posts will be deleted.
Also, please do not ‘jump the thread’ by posting your information as a reply instead of a new comment.

SAT Unlocked II now on sale!

Comments

91 Responses to “SAT Tutors: Post Your Info Here!”
  1. Hello Learners of All Ages! STAR Tutoring offers one-to-one and small group tutoring, as well as standardized test prep (SAT, ACT, GRE, GED, ASVAB, etc), in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. Also, look for online tutoring in the near future!

I have tutored ACT students who have initially scored anywhere from 16 to 30 (max = 36). After only 10 hours of tutoring using my exam prep program, these students have improved their scores an average of 30%. In fact, a recent ACT student’s score increased from 19 to 30!! I believe anyone has this potential; I will show you how you, too, can reach your goals.

Come visit my website at http://www.StarTutoring.com, or my tutoring blog at http://tutoringlady.blogspot.com for free recommendations on most effective prep materials, study tips and strategies, and time-saving resources. Visit my website and blog often, or subscribe to my blog feed for frequent updates. You’ll be glad you did!

2. As an independent college coach, Angie Record, Ph.D. can help you navigate the admissions process. Her experience includes decades teaching college courses and instructing students in test preparation. Services offered include assistance with:

* ACT, ISEE, PSAT, SAT, and SSAT test preparation
    * college selection and application
    * financial aid and scholarships
    * writing samples
    * resumes

Live online instruction and guidance at reasonable rates. Contact her today at http://www.angierecord.com!

3. Global Academic Consultants (GAC), Inc. is an elite service-oriented American firm dedicated to assisting domestic and international students as they pursue a boarding school, college, or university education in the United States.

Our consultants have years of experience in successfully placing domestic and international students with their first-choice boarding school, college, or university in the United States. Our attention to detail and our dedication to providing the highest quality of personalized service make GAC a leader in the academic admissions process.

Contact us today at http://www.globalacademics.us.

4. nancy molay says:

Hello,
    I provide individual tutoring for SAT/ACT writing and critical reading only and want to expand to add math. I am looking for suggestions on the best way to “learn” sat math for tutoring? Thanks

5. I am an experienced and knowledgeable tutor who can help you achieve your goals. I offer one-on-one and group tutoring for SAT Math preparation. I have my own materials for test preparation that have been offering promising results. In addiction, I also provide GRE Math, Algebra, Pre-Algebra, Calculus, and Pre-Calculus tutoring. Please visit my website at http://ssmassociation.com/ and my blog at https://thinksimpleshirin.wordpress.com/

I use my real world experiences to not only explain the concepts, but also show how to apply the newly acquired knowledge.

6. Isabel M. says:

FAO ALL TUTORS OUT THERE
    I would like to direct your attention to a new tutor matching website I believe you might find helpful to gain more work. First Tutors: USA (http://www.firsttutors.com/usa/) is totally FREE for tutors to join. Simply create an online profile, which allows you to to promote your strengths as a tutor, and outline when and where you can tutor and how much you would like to charge!

You are not asked to pay a cent until a user requests your tuition and asks to exchange details, then they do ask for a small one-time fee to cover advertising. It has been shown that you are 60% more likely to find work through a matching website then through classifieds.

All the best, and good luck with your future tutoring!!

FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A TUTOR THIS SITE IS TOTALLY FREE TO USE!!

7. Kumar says:

SAT ONLINE COACHING directly by college board

visit website http://www.mercuryed.com
    or
    call us at
    08130344004

Register now and get 10% discount.

8. serge says:

If you need help with SAT or ACT tutoring, essay editing or college advising, we can help.

9. Hooman says:

I’m a Cornell University chemistry graduate who’s been tutoring the SAT, ACT, and SAT II Subject Tests in chemistry, biology, and math in the NYC area for over nine years. I pride myself not only on my teaching skills and command of the tests I tutor, but also on my easy-going, approachable demeanor and easy rapport with students of all academic levels and walks of life. I’m especially sensitive to the needs of students with learning disabilities like ADHD.

My Web site, http://www.nypreptutors.com, features a comprehensive and informative test prep FAQ chock full of useful advice on matters such as whether to take the SAT and/or ACT, when to take the tests, how many times to take them, and much more.

I currently serve the five boroughs of New York City as well as the suburbs of Long Island and Westchester. I also plan to expand into New Jersey and Connecticut in the near future.

10. Sara Haleva says:

Monmouth County NJ & Brooklyn NY
    SAT Tutor for Critical Reading & Writing
    Graduate of Yale Law School, Free first lesson & parent consultation with no obligation.
    $100 per hour (group lessons available for less.)
    Each hour of tutoring has hundreds of hours of research & preparation behind it.
    Scored in 99 percentile on LSAT through my methods of understanding standardized testing. I am great at making hard things easy to understand for students.
    sarayale AT aoldotcom (email is written this way to prevent spam)
    732-444-8182 Sara

Also willing to collaborate with other tutors.

11. Roger Frank says:

http://www.15MinuteTutors.com has the best variety of tutors of any tutoring business around. We also have the best tutors money can buy. Check us out!

12. I am the best SAT, PSAT, and ACT test prep tutor in the Santa Cruz/Capitola/Scotts Valley Area.
    My official scores on the new SAT are 2390 (out of 2400). I took the new SAT in 2009 in order to get recent scores and to get a score on the new test (old test was out of 1600 points).

I started tutoring in 1997 and graduated college in 2000 with a BA in Psychology. As a psych major I studied myriad tests, from IQ tests to personality tests. The SAT is similar to both IQ tests and personality tests, but of course one needs to know subject matter knowledge. Probably the most surprising fact is that the SAT covers only a very limited range of topics in math and writing. In fact, the vast majority of the math most high schoolers take, is not on the SAT. I teach kids only what they need to know for the test, and I teach them test taking skills. My approach is both academic and psychological. I have gotten kids into NYU and MIT, as well as Stanford and the UCs.

My fee is $60 per hour (top companies charge around $100 an hour). SAT prep pays off if you get a great tutor and end up with a merit scholarships (some worth over $100,000).

My email address is PhilipHawes@yahoo.com
    My cell is 408-250-7607

Call me; I don’t bite.

My new website is http://www.PhilipHawesSAT.com

Key words: SSAT, ISEE, HSPT, CHSPT, GRE, GMAT, lessons, SAT Math, SAT critical reading, ESSAY,
    SAT essay, SAT writing multiple-choice, Salinas, Aromas, Prunedale, CA, Central Coast California, Highway 1, Santa Cruz, Capitola, Watsonville, Salinas, Marina, Moss Landing
    LSAT, Law School Admission Test, http://www.LSAC.org,
    Reduced tutoring cost for LSAT students

13. SAT/ACT Tutoring by Cardinal Education

Based in Palo Alto, CA, we serve the San Francisco Peninsula from SF to San Jose.

Our tutors are exceptionally high test scorers from Stanford, Dartmouth, and MIT with extensive experience and intricate knowledge of the SAT and ACT.

One of our students recently got a 36 (perfect score) on the ACT. You can be next! Check out our website at cardinaleducation.com, or give us a call at 650-391-9814.

14. SAT/ACT, college counseling and general tutoring

South Shore/Metro West, Boston Area

We provide personalized tailor-made tutoring programs.

Come check out our blog about numerous topics related to the SATs, education reform, and college admissions!

• LessonExpo says:

Lessonexpo.com is a web forum for connecting people based on their skills and needs.
      It is designed to suit the specific needs of those who have skills and professional backgrounds and would like to tutor/teach them to others.
      If you want to teach someone the basics of golf or swimming or if you are looking for someone to teach you how to take that next step towards being bilingual, LessonExpo is the place to connect with those who can help you.
      Whether you are a tutor/teacher or a tutoree/student, LessonExpo makes it simple for you to search and find what you need.
      At LessonExpo.com, you can browse through our 60+ categories of any skill ranging from vocal singing to stock trade and also connect with the people in your local area by browsing through each state.
      Find what you need and connect with whomever you need all here at Lessonexpo.com.

15. Dr Parikh says:

Hi

I am PhD qualified highly experienced based in Oxford, UK.
    I do help in american entrance exam i.e. ACT, PSAT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, ISEE, Oxbridge entrance etc.
    I do help in college selection and application, interview preparation.

Please call or email for FREE advice.
    Email: aonetuition@gmail.com
    M:(0044)7984547940

16. jack flynn says:

I have been tutoring the S.A.T. on Long Island and in NYC for more than 20 years. Many of my students have improved their math and CR scores by more than 300 points. I have simplified the math section by showing my students how to quickly answer questions in the least amount of steps. In many cases, I show them how using formulas is not the best and quickest approach. As a result , many end up with 800 math scores.I constantly drill my students with vocabulary and with my reading comprehension techniques(acquired over this period by tutoring the L.S.A.T.) I have helped many students reading comprehension go from the 15th percentile to the 95th percentile.

17. jack flynn says:

Jack Flynn, Long Island,NY (631)988-4697. Tug56@aol.com

18. jack flynn says:

I have learned to answer the math questions quickly and with the least amount of steps. For example, when asked how far apart are two points on a graph,istead of the distance formula I just,in my head,find how far the x-coordinates are apart and square the result. I do yhe sme with the y-coordinates and add the results to get my answer.

19. jack flynn says:

Coming from the verbal side, it is my opinion that a lot of the S.A.T. math tests verbal skills.For example, when I initially ask my new students to give me an example of an integer most continue to give me positive integers. On “could” questions they are correct,but they forget negative integers and zero.Also everyone agrees that zero is neither a positive nor negative integer but forget that is an even integer.When asked if they know prime numbers,they mostly answer yes and then give the number one as an example, forgetting that 2 is the lowest prime number.

20. Hello,

If you need help with any math ( SAT prep, HS Geometry, HS Algebra, Trig, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, College Algebra, and much more )… go to my website and check it out!! easymathtutoring.webs.com

I have a BS in Mathematics and getting my MS in Adolescence Education ( done in May 2013)…

If you live in Long Island, NY … I’m here to help you..

**BTW I got 800 on my SAT and was eligible to go straight to Calculus 2 in college!!!

21. Elizabeth says:

eevangel@uci.edu
    SAT I and II Orange County, CA tutoring

22. Tanya Lesser says:

Thanks for offering a free space to post our information!

I’m a National Board Certified Teacher of 10 years classroom experience and 15 years tutoring experience who is teaching all sections of the SAT in the Bergen County, NJ area. I’m based in my hometown of Ridgewood, NJ.

$65/hour
    2 to 4 hours per week intensive preparation

Visit my site at http://www.ridgewood-tutor.com!
    -Tanya Lesser

23. Charles says:

Hi,
    I need some information, please.

I am a qualified school teacher and have been given SAT math(self qualified) classess in Arabia for the last 4 years to students who need help.

My question is, how do I become a qualified, registered SAT 1 teacher or instructor.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Charles.

24. Philip Hawes says:

Not only do I have SAT test information, but I also have a list of the best SAT and PSAT Test Prep books. You may be surpised at which book I list as number one.
    I also have an SAT Prep reading list, a list of novels to be read by those who start SAT prep six months or more out from their first test date.

Since I am getting out of tutoring, I want to provide as much free pertinent SAT prep information as possible.

25. Just pointing you to a resource for students looking for elite SAT scores.

26. Alyssa says:

Seeking SAT instructors for 2 residential summer camps (Upstate NY and Boston):

Seeking experienced SAT instructors for two programs: an innovative, holistic summer camp at a college in upstate NY and a Scholarship Academy outside of Boston. The programs will run one after another and use the same SAT curricula and program design.

The first camp is a residential camp at a college in upstate NY. The camp runs from June 30th to July 20th, with a staff week beginning June 23rd. The program combines comprehensive SAT instruction with campfires, afternoons by the pool, and unique elective courses.

The second program is a fully endowed leadership and college prep camp outside of Boston, running from July 24th through August 18th. The program will have SAT, writing, and leadership components.

JOB DESCRIPTION/QUALIFICATIONS:

We are seeking passionate and talented SAT instructors to work at both camps as “Master Teachers.” “Master Teachers” lead their classroom, working with the camp director to adapt our curricula and textbook to the needs of their students individually and as a class. The job is a challenging but exciting one–on the one hand, we don’t want to push our students so hard that they lose sight of the point of camp; on the other hand, we, and our students, want them to improve as many points as possible on the SAT. Our ideal candidates can balance these two interests–combining a passion for the well-being and growth of our students with a gift for teaching, coaching, and communicating. Ideal candidates have taught the SAT before, have a good deal of teaching experience, and can demonstrate mastery of the SAT, either through high SAT scores or experience teaching the test. We are particularly interested in teachers with a diverse background of teaching experiences–who are able to transition from the first camp to the second and improvise solutions to any challenges we face at either program.

COMPENSATION:

Salary for the full summer is $5000-6,000 (depending on experience), plus room, board, and transportation expenses. Teachers may also apply and be considered for either program individually–with pro-rated salaries.

Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to workwithus@liveplaygrowtogetherSAT.com with “master teacher” in the subject line. We encourage all those interested to apply. Feel free to e-mail for more information about either program as well.

27. Scott Spizer says:

I launched Origins Tutoring to provide holistic, personalized tutoring services to NYC families. Origins partners with a small group of tutors who share a common goal: to make a difference in the lives of kids.

Our tutoring approach combines not only subject knowledge, critical reasoning and problem solving skills, but also study skills development, and mentorship.

Our goal is to help each student achieve academic success while also increasing their confidence, and knowledge of themselves as learners.

Visit our website at http://www.originstutoring.com/ for more information.

Thanks, Scott Spizer

28. Philip Hawes says:

This is my short suggested reading list for SAT Prep. Basically, this is a summer reading list. This book list is short and is designed to raise one’s SAT Critical Reading AND Writing score. The books display a variety of styles, and I even split the list up; there’s a list for boys and a list for girls (with some overlap).

29. Affordable SAT Tutoring (20$) says:

I tutor SAT Math, Reading, & Writing.
    I have many real official SAT tests.
    Its 20 $ per hour but I suggest at least 1.5 hours which is 30 $.
    If you are getting scores around 2200, I suggest you just practice out of the blue book.
    But, if your scores are lower than 2150s, I will raise your score.

I am a high school student who took the SAT and received a score of 2200+.
    I can tell you the exact score if you contact me.
    I’m in the top 1% of the class.

I can tutor anytime anytime after 7 on Mondays-Thursday.
    Anytime before 5 P.M. on Weekends.

During the summer, I can tutor anytime around 9 A.M. – 5 P.M..

30. The Knowledge Roundtable is a marketplace for tutors to promote their services to prospective students. Resources offered to tutors and students include an SAT prep system, an online tutoring platform, and an online Common Core tool.

KR offers affordable SAT prep classes in Exeter and Dover NH. We have small classes, passionate instructors, and a cutting-edge SAT prep system.

31. gilliandunn says:

Hello students We http://www.kids-to-college.com offer best SAT/ACT preparation by providing best home tutions. Visit website for more information.

32. I am a Brown University grad with 25 years’ experience as an academic and test prep tutor, teaching students in-person in New York City and around the world via Skype. I specialize in reading, grammar and writing, math, organization skills, essay writing, and other homework help, and especially, preparation for the SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, SHSAT, GRE, TOEFL and other standardized tests.

Please explore my website, check out my terrific Resources page and SAT Prep NY blog and feel free to get in touch so I may answer all your questions about academic tutoring or test prep. Learn more about me at http://www.karenberlinishii.com.

33. Lisa says:

Hello,

My name is Lisa, I made perfect SAT scores for I & II myself. I graduated from Yale U. and now offer SAT tutoring for those who needs help in their SAT prep. Check out yourself on following site:

facebook.com/IvyLeagueSATtutor

34. Matthew says:

$60/hr | $50/hr if you prepay for at least 2 hours per week | 1st hour is free, no obligations

I am offering one-on-one math help for:
    SAT, AP, ACT, GRE, GMAT, SAT Subject Test: Math Level 1 & 2, SSAT, GED, CLEP
    Elementary & Middle School Math
    Prealgebra, Algebra I & II, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics, Precalculus, Calculus I & II
    I have been tutoring math for 8 years. I have been teaching the SAT and ACT for the past 6 years. I opened a one-on-one tutoring center in 2012. In addition to tutoring for K-12 math, teaching one-on-one SAT & ACT courses at my own center and via skype, I have also taught SAT courses at a test prep center for 3 years to classrooms of up to 30 students. I have gradually transitioned all my personal tutoring to skype tutoring. I maintain a youtube channel with 200 math videos including custom videos for students and solutions for the official SAT & ACT practice tests. While tutoring the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, Regents, etc, I use problems made by the test-makers. For all tutoring, I will help a student with materials they want to work on (homework, practice tests, etc.) or I will provide the material if they prefer. I focus on students’ weak areas by quickly reteaching those concepts with the student’s interaction and then having the student practice those topics with me and also while doing homework I give them. I am a very patient tutor. I have a lot of experience working with students with learning disabilities. References are available upon request.

Matthew Sullivan
    Call or text me: show contact info or Skype: matthew.d.sullivan or email (above) More info at:

Go to http://www.youtube.com/MatthewSullivanMath where you can find my playlists for:
    Official SAT Practice Test
    Official ACT Practice Test
    Algebra
    Geometry
    Customized videos for my students

35. Philip Hawes says:

I tutor SAT, PSAT, ACT, and LSAT Prep in Salinas, California

And I tutor SAT, PSAT, ACT, and LSAT Prep in Carmel, CA and Carmel Valley, CA

I’ve been tutoring SAT prep off and on since 1997. I’ve been tutoring SAT prep full time since late 2008.

I tutor SAT, PSAT, and LSAT Prep in Santa Cruz, too.

The tutoring business was chock full of new tutoring companies, but now, at least where I am, things seem to have died down a little. I know a few years ago every article on the hot new businesses to start included tutoring at the top of the list. Hopefully things have changed because the competition was rough.

36. I have been an SAT Tutor for 15 years. I have had tremendous success raising student’s scores for the SAT. My fee is simple and affordable for ALL students to be able to find the person who can help them. I offer a 6 week – one (1) hour course for 150.00 that included a diagnostic test for both Math and Reading. If you would like the writing section, I will add two more weeks at a rate of 200.00.

Please send me an email if you are interested. I am in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area, and I have parent and student references that you can personally speak to about their son/daughter’s success.

Carol McGrane
    570-855-4657.
    STANDOUT ACADEMY.

37. Hello everyone,

We are a company that administers real SAT practice exams under supervised conditions. We do this to best simulate the testing environment so that you can get the best idea of what score level you are currently at.

After your exam we will provide you with a detailed score report that breaks down the exam by question type and areas that you are personally struggling in. Plus, we grade your essay the same way that College Board does with two graders who will give you a breakdown of why your essay receives the score that it does.

Please visit our site (veritasexaminers.com) to schedule an exam using our scheduling tool. We’re available any time of day all over the world.

38. Daniel Neary says:

A3 Limited is a Columbus Ohio based team of in person and online tutors. We have brillant SAT tutors who know how to make sure you reach your goals. I am open to meeting anytime that works for you and we can meet in person or through skype. Feel free to text or call me at 6142665776 or go to a3ltd.co to submit a request.. Thanks so much,
    Danny

39. Jim Treadway says:

Dear students and parents,

I am an SAT/ACT tutor, but also more. I read the top tutoring and learning literature and synthesize the best for my students. I also teach them obstacle-tackling skills that go beyond the test and apply to any arena in which you want to improve in life.

Wherever my students are struggling, bit in in the face of SAT Math problem or Essay, a falling grade in World History, or wondering how to repair a relationship with a friend, they learn to (1) make a list of what they do not yet know but need to, (2) make a short plan about how to learn what they need to, (3) make a deadline by when to execute that plan, (4) SCHEDULE it – in their phone! Now!, and (5) reassess upon the deadline.

The skills that raise scores and get you into college can be the same ones that build character and grit. If you would like that for your kids, I am your tutor.

Best of luck!